Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

My 5 Hours Voting Experience

This is my first time to vote for elections. I had myself all prep'd up since last night.

  • I got up at 5am.
  • We got to the school where we were supposed to vote at 6:30.
  • We finally found our names at 7:30 and started falling in line.
  • At 9am the line hasn't moved yet. They were prioritizing the senior citizens, which is probably a good thing.
  • At 10am only 120 people have voted out of 1000 assigned to our precinct cluster.
  • 11am, we finally got into the "waiting area". Imaging falling in line for 4 hours just to get into the waiting area!
  • 11:45 I finally got in and started voting. The Marker gave out too much ink and almost put a hole on my ballot. But all was well when the PCOS machine said "CONGRATULATIONS! ..."
  • 12:00 I finished another line to get indelible ink on my finger. Man, some people won't bother with 5 hours of heat, boredom, and a lot of conflict between the voters and the marshalls who didn't seem like they had any idea what they were doing. 

5 HOURS! DARN!
Overall it was a great experience! Reminds me of the enrollment back in college in AUP. Great thing I didn't have work yesterday and today or else I wouldn't have been so patient.

Things learned for elections:
1. Set your whole day for voting.
2. Bring some food and drinks. You'll need it.
3. Bring umbrellas. My wife and bro were burnt under the scorching sun for 4 hours.
4. Have some form of entertainment. A PSP or your cellphone. I was thinking of bringing a guitar.
5. Pray hard for patience. You'll need lots of it.

Who did I vote for? Hmm... I think I'll keep that to myself for now.

So, how was your voting experience?

No comments:

Bloggers.com

Bloggers.com - Meet Millions Bloggers

XPS RESOURCE