Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How i got My first $100 by blogging

This week I just got my first $100 from Google and celebrated it with a Junior Whooper from Burger King. I've started blogging a few months ago but haven't been very consistent about it until very recently. I've learned how to monetize, get more traffic and post contents as often as I can. I've also taught all this to my brother Chev who's having a great time blogging. In a few more months I bet he'll start making more money online than I am since he spends more time online than I do. This is how I did it.

I did lots of research online and I've broke it to 3 simple steps:

Need Content
This is the first thing you need to have to make money through blogging. You'll need to have online content. A website, a blog, a picture gallery, anything that you can put online. A popular phrase among blogger is "content is king". This should be for most people in the Philippines who are active online and have their own Facebook or Friendster account. We spend a lot of time updating our pitures, our Walls and daily activities. If you start to build your own website or create an online blog. It'll be same as doing it with facebook. Plus you'll get a chance to make money from it someday. There are several ways you can setup a blog online. Some of them are even free like blogspot. So if you're active online, do it with a blog instead.

Get Traffic
So you have an online blog. What now? Well, like any publication you'll need readers. People won't start going to you blog just because you set it up. you'll need to advertise. make your self known. This is where your social network sites would come in handy. Get all your 500+ friends in friendster and facebook to go to your site and visit your blog. Get them to subscribe to your feedburner and they'll get regular email from you everytime you put up something new in your website. Personally I ask my customers at work to visit my site. It probably isn't the most popular way to promote a site but it works for me. For the mean time atleast. http://www.blogtrafficexchange.com/blog/ give you juicy tips how to increase your readership and keep them. What's a blog for if nobody visits them right?

Monetize
Doing my reasearch in blogging made me aware of a lot of blog jargon like Monetize. This means making money from your blog. There are tons of ways to earn from your blog but the most popular one is Ad Publishing. Like your daily newspaper that has ads on every page, a blog can also earn money by putting up ads on them. I do it through my Google Adsense. Don't be fooled if you think it'll be a piece of cake. You'll actually need a lot of hard work and tough research. I still have a long way to go myself. Getting my first pay is just the beginning. Some people actually earn $1500, $4000, and the maximum payout that adsense can actually give out per month is $10,000!

Now these are just the basics. There's a lot more into blogging than what I've written here. I'm actually still learning stuff myself. Between my 8 hour job and raising my kids and being a good husband, blogging is just one of the many things I have to juggle in between. I plan to be a blogger full-time and make my earnings enough to make a living. Believe me a lot of people are making lots of money online. I just proved that myself when I got my first $100! So if your thinking of getting a part-time job or changing careers, blogging might just be thing for you. You never know until you try.

Bloggers.com

Bloggers.com - Meet Millions Bloggers

XPS RESOURCE