Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Percy Jackson Rocks!

I was a bit skeptic about the books at first. I liked the movie too much that I felt that if I read the books it would ruin it. I guess I was wrong, because I've just found my new favorite author.

What I've liked about the Percy Jackson series is that the books are told from a first person point of view, Percy Jackson's point of view. It's what I liked about the twilight series and it's also probably why readers could easily relate to them. The theme is also similar to Neil Gaiman's American gods. What are the ancient gods up to in this modern world if the had really existed. Rick Riordan makes the entire experience so fun.  You'll easily fall in-love with the characters and you'll never look at ADHD the same way again.

After the last Percy Jackson book, the adventure continues with Heroes of Olympus set in the same universe with different main characters and a lot of twists. Unfortunately the storytelling style is changed to third-person point of view instead. I didn't quite like it at first, but as soon as I read Percy Jackson's name that's when the fun starts.

I guess I prefer reading teen fantasy novels. I find it more enjoyable. And what I like most about Rick Riordan is that his official blog is a blogspot blog! So please visit his blog. Anyone who could write something as fun as Percy Jackson is sure to be a nice guy.



http://rickriordan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Bloggers.com

Bloggers.com - Meet Millions Bloggers

XPS RESOURCE